- National Sleep Foundation
- Sleep for Kids, a service of the National Sleep Foundation, a great resource for kids, parents, and teachers including games, puzzles and sleep diaries.
- KidzzzSleep, a resource for up-to-date information on sleep, sleep disorders, and the impact of sleep on health, learning, and behavior in infants, children, and adolescents.
- Nocturnal Awakenings and Insomnia in the First 3 Years of Life, Dr. Oliviero Bruni.
- Sleeping Like a Baby, Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night.
- American Psychological Association Report on Why Sleep is Important and What Happens When You Do Not Get Enough
- Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Information for Parents and Educators, National Association of School Psychologists
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- National Center on Sleep Disorders Research, National Institutes of Health
- Mayo Clinic
- Children’s Hospital Boston, hospital where Dr. Richard Ferber is resident and conducting pediatric sleep research. Also, see their Myths About Sleep.
- Sleeping Through the Night, Revised Edition: How Infants, Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night’s Sleep, by Jodi Mindell
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, Marc Weissbluth, MD
- What to Do When You Dread Your Bed: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Problems with Sleep, Dawn Huebner, PhD (see video clip about this book on the Today Show Below)
- A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems, Jodi Mindell and Judith Owens
- Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, I Love You, Patrick Friman, PhD
- How Not To Get Your Baby to Sleep, Time
- Help Your Kids Stop Dreading the Bed, Today Show
- To Sleep Well, Perchance to Achieve, USA Today
- Grown-up Problems Start at Bedtime, Wall Street Journal
- Zombie Prevention: Your Child’s Sleep, The New York Times
- Snooze or Lose, New York Magazine
- Sleep is Often Key to Good Behavior, Charlotte Observer
- Teenagers Could Sleep Their Way Thin After Study Reveals Fattest Adolescents Get Least Shut-Eye, Daily Mail
- Children’s Sleep, Academic Performance, and School Behavior, Communique, Joseph Buckhalt, PhD, Amy Wolfson, PhD, and Mona El-Sheikh, PhD
- Sleep and School Performance: What Teachers and Parents Can Do, Communique, Joseph Buckhalt, PhD, Mona El-Sheikh, PhD, Colleen Holthaus, Sembenea Barker, & Amy Wolfson, PhD
- Sleep and Adolescents, National Association of School Psychologists
- Sleep Problems May Cause, Worsen Children’s Psychiatric Ills, Psychiatric News, Lynn Lamberg
- Pediatric Articles from Sleep Medicine Journal, International Pediatric Sleep Association.